Monday, 15 August 2016

The Legendary Llangollen Faery Festival


This weekend I attended my very first public book signing at the Faery Festival in Llangollen, North Wales. It was an incredible experience and I met so many fantastic people - including my fellow Dare to Shine co-author F. R. Maher!



We arrived bright and early on Saturday morning to set up the stall on the edge of the Circle of Storytellers. After I'd won my battle of putting the banner up, I had a quick look around the rest of the Pavilion before the gates opened to the public.

And then, the magic commenced!



It was a long day, but I loved evert second of it, connecting with people and making new friends. And so many visitors were interested in my books and artwork - I was genuinely touched by the fantastic reception I got. And to top it off, I got to do two readings from my books to a crowd of my fellow faeries and elves!




I visited the Festival last year as a visitor, since faeries and fantasy are two things I absolutely adore (no shock there!). But I never thought that twelve months later I would be back, and my words would be welcomed so warmly! This place is a wonderful gathering for such a beautiful community. I have always found myself happiest when I am around people who have no qualms about being who they are; and here there were faeries, hippies, goths and witches galore!


And a pixie pony! I met this cutie on Sunday morning outside the Faery Village and he made my day!


He wasn't the only new mystical friend I made on the second day of the Festival! During my morning wanderings this little fellow took a liking to my pointy ear! He still hasn't told me his name though...


One of my absolute highlights of the weekend though was the amount of money I managed to get for The Sophie Lancaster Foundation through sales of Dare to Shine. That book flew off my stall as though it had wings of its own!

I'm exhausted after it all, but still coming down from the high of such a brilliant time among such a lovely community of people. Inside the Llangollen Pavilion this weekend, there wasn't a single snide remark or hostility - everyone was there to enjoy themselves, soak up the atmosphere, love nature, and be a child again. It all goes to show that believing in faeries always yields great things!

Thank you so much to everyone who came to see me, bought a book or artwork, and listened to my readings! I can't wait to see you again next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment