Wednesday, 17 September 2014

My Top 10 Classical Pieces

|   BOOKISH RAMBLES   |
My Thoughts on All Things in the Creative World
Every Wednesday


Picture
Music has always been a big part of my life; everything including rock, folk, Celtic, film soundtracks and classical. I've been around a lot of genres since I was a kid, and I still listen to them now.

In regards to the classical side, I got around to thinking about that since the BBC Proms have just finished (I always watch the Last Night!). I recently rediscovered a film which I used to have playing in the background a lot when I was younger, packed full of classical music and nature footage. It's really set me on a mission to spend time listening to my favourite composers again. A lot of them are ones I can't even remember hearing for the first time - they appeared sometime in my childhood and I've loved them ever since.

So here are a few of my favourite pieces! Feel free to check them out!

Picture
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART - Requiem

LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN - Fur Elise

SERGEI PROKOFEIV - Troika, from Lieutenant Kije Suite

PYOTR ILYICH TCHAIKOVSKY - Theme from Swan Lake

JOHANN PACHELBEL - Canon

GEORGE FRIDERIC HANDEL - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, from Solomon

ALEXANDER BORODIN - String Quartet No. II

ANTONIO VIVALDI - Spring Allegro, from The Four Seasons

JOHANN STRAUSS II - The Blue Danube

GUSTAV HOLST - The Planets Suite


No comments:

Post a Comment