Sunday, 19 January 2014

A new novel and a new tagline!

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing okay and 2014 is treating you well so far!


I just wanted to give you a bit of an update, since I went AWOL for a while over Christmas, so here we go! First things first: the Staccato team have all got together and come up with taglines for each of their authors. Here's mine, and I absolutely love it. I think it sums me up pretty well!



Thank you so much to Kimmi for making this!


I've also been hard at work this month on a few things. There's been a lot of stuff to do for university as I have an important part of my dissertation coming up, as well as two other assignments to write. To have a break from that, I've redecorated my bedroom, so now I have two white walls and two purple walls. It's been a long time coming, because for ages, the walls were magnolia, and I couldn't change the colour so I started to really hate it. Now it looks much more like 'my' space, and I'm really happy with it. The only thing left to do is put up some brackets so my bow has somewhere to live.

Onto writing! Quite a lot's happened since I last did a blog post. Namely, I've written a new novel! (Or, first draft of it!) 


I forgot to disable the spelling and grammar stuff - d'oh!

This one is the first of two prequels to Tragic Silence. I've been planning them ever since I wrote that book in 2009, but I put them on hold while I finished my BSc because I knew I needed to give them time to figure themselves out. I never rush into writing a story, even if I'm so excited I can't wait to get started. So it felt a bit weird to be going back into the world of Tragic Silence after writing five other novels!

But I enjoyed this one so much: I've never written prequels before, so it was a really great experience to be dealing with a different narrator, cast, setting - as well as expanding on some of the concepts which didn't really have much of a place in the first book. I deliberately left some loose threads in Tragic Silence so I could develop these prequels in the future, and now one of them is well on its way to completion. I'm aiming to write the second one sometime this year as well, but it will definitely be later because I need to put my final year of uni first. Plus there is A LOT of research to do for it...!

Speaking of Tragic Silence - if you've read it, I'd LOVE to know what you thought of it, so please leave me a review and help me spread the word! I hope you'll like it! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment