Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Post-illness ramblings!

Well, I've not been able to do too much this week, because I came down with a really nasty and evil bug! Luckily I don't tend to get sick all that often, but when I do it really knocks me off my feet. It drove me a bit crazy actually - I find it very hard to just switch off, even when I'm ill. I always need to be doing something, and sitting around watching TV constantly for days on end is actually really hard for me!

So I've been killing some time by making Christmas decorations. It hasn't been anything too fancy; just paper snowflakes to hang in the window. I can't really have any tinsel or a tree in my room, in case Millie Moggy decides to eat it when I'm not looking (!), but I don't mind too much because I LOVE snow!


 
Now I can concentrate on tougher stuff, I have a lot of work to do, to try and make up for the time I've lost getting better. I need to write a lab report on DNA sequencing (let's hope I don't mess that one up!), get some letters and application forms sent off for more uni-related stuff, post a bunch of Christmas presents, do a load of background reading for my assignments... Hopefully I'll manage it all in the next week so I can have Christmas off!
 
Besides all that though, I've got plans to update my room a bit and redecorate it. I've decided to do it white with a violet feature wall, as well as rearrange a lot of my pictures and ornaments. I'm not too sure exactly when I'll be doing that - sometime after Christmas - but I'm aiming to get it all done in one day. My room is quite small so I should manage that!

No comments:

Post a Comment