Monday, 15 October 2012

My new Victorian writing desk!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! The other day, my dad picked up this beautiful 19th century writing desk for me! It was a complete surprise; he took me into the spare room in my grandfather's house and there it was, just for me!


I don't think my smile could have got any wider. I haven't had any desk at all for almost seven years, but I've wanted a proper writing desk for even longer, and now I get one that reaches back to the 1800s. And you can't really see it in that photo, but it's got a little key in the top too!

It's living at my grandfather's for the near future, because my room at my house is tiny - if I raise both hands then I can touch two of the walls. Needless to say, I've been busy re-arranging all my books and DVDs, trying to figure out a way to get the desk in there! It would be a lot easier if my wardrobe wasn't bolted in place, but beggars can't be choosers. So far, it looks like I'll have to get rid of my bigger bookcase and find homes for the books in the cupboards somewhere. I'm still not sure if it will even be possible, but I really hope I can manage it somehow!

1 comment:

  1. That desk will certainly help with your literary musings while writing!

    ReplyDelete